Saturday, March 7, 2009

Classroom 2.0

I recently joined "Classroom 2.0" which seems like a good place to connect with other teachers who are also using many Web 2.0 tools. Classroom 2.0 is an educational social network that is part of the Ning networks. I'm sure I will have some updates soon regarding what I discover there...

A large portion of the work I currently do with my Studio Production students is also on an educational social network through Ning, so this seems like a good resource for me to explore. Uses of the Social Network (for my students) include: a place to post all homework and assignments, a site where students can submit all their work including video, music and photo projects, students can ask questions and add comments, they can take part in interactive discussions of relevant topics, they can access related video clips and links, important articles, blog posts and more. Most of my students seem to really appreciate this new way of enhancing classes. I will add more about postitive uses of educational social networks in the future.

No comments: